For Evaluation Team:
1. Requirements for Presentation (see below)
2. Link to the Group Rubric
3. Link to the Individual Rubric
4. Notes for Evaluators (see below)
- Consider the main topic assigned/chosen to represent at least 70% of the total presentation content. The remaining 30% of the content should address, at the discretion of the group, content from the other topics.
- Remember to connect content found within each of the nine topics (Homeostasis, Digestion, Respiration, Circulation, Excretion, Nervous, Lymphatic, Immunity, and Endocrine)
- Use the Group Rubric to determine expectations for the Presentation component of the Project and for the entire Group.
- Use the Individual Rubric to determine expectations for individual contributions to Project.
- Groups will be allocated 15 minutes for their Presentation. This time includes setup, handing out materials, presenting, initiating questions and/or conversation, and take down. All setup and take down is the responsibility of the group; no staff involvement should be required. Where there are requirements such as tables, computer presentation equipment, audio, and so on, these will need to be arranged well in advance.
- A Primary Evaluation Team will be in the audience, consisting of at least one teacher, one administrator, and one community professional. Each group is further expected to choose one additional evaluator who will assist the Primary Evaluation Team in evaluating group presentations and content.
- Seven groups will be presenting, requiring approximately 1.5 hours for all groups. Date/time for the presentations - Thursday January 25.
Notes for Evaluators:
- First of all, thank you for your assistance with this Project! We hope you will enjoy each of the presentations, and that students will better enlighten your understanding of the topic.
- As explained above, there will be seven groups presenting. Each group is allocated 15 minutes for their complete presentation, which is meant to include setup, presentation, and Q/A.
- As a member of the Evaluation Team, you will be provided with a Group Rubric to complete for each of the seven groups. Please use this form to assess groups' Professional Skills, Oral Presentation Skills, Biology Content, and Group Presentation Components (each of these will be described on the form to make assessment simple).